Following are 6 ways to make exercising more fun! They will ensure that you not only start exercising but also learn to enjoy it.
1) Opt for an exercise you enjoy: Exercise does not mean simply hitting the gym and doing cardio and weights. If running on treadmills gets you going, then that’s great. However, there are definitely many other options out there. If you’re a water baby, then take up swimming. If you love dancing, then join a dance class. The most important reason to choose an activity you love is the simple fact that you are much more likely to stick to it for longer.
2) Exercise buddy: Having your companion with you makes every activity more enjoyable. Hence, exercise together. The important thing to remember here is to motivating you. Your partner is someone who is active, energetic and fun to be around. This way, you’ll look forward to and actually want to exercise.
3) Add variety: The reason most people put off exercising is not because they don’t have the time and energy, but because they lack the motivation. Avoid doing the exact same exercise every day. Variety is the spice of life so mix it up. Instead of swimming at your gym’s pool every day, go and visit an outdoor one on a nice day. Switch from running to dancing or Pilates. As soon as you feel like you’re getting bored with your exercise routine, change it.
4) Go shopping: This may sound silly but it has proven to be quite effective. If you go shopping for exercise gear that you love, you’ll be eager to try it out. Apart from the superficial aspect, it is also very important from a healthy and safety perspective. It is essential to invest in a pair of good running shoes to prevent any injuries. So go out there and start shopping!
5) Get a good trainer: Most people are of the viewpoint that only serious athletes need a coach. This in untrue. A good trainer can go a long way in helping you exercise. First and foremost, they motivate you by listing all the benefits that a particular type of exercise entails. You are also more likely not to skip your workout if you know that your trainer is expecting you. Moreover, they also show you the correct way to perform a certain exercise, thus giving you better results and preventing injury.
6) Commitment: Last but not the least; make exercise a commitment that you have to keep. Fit it into your everyday routine in such a way that it becomes as necessary as eating or sleeping. Don’t make excuses and concentrate on the various benefits that exercise brings you. Set small goals that you wish to achieve and treat yourself every time you attain them. For example, if you manage to hit the gym every day for a month, go out a buy a pair of nice track pants or a cute workout shirt.